Hi guys, halloumi is very popular with vegetarians and is very tasty and light. I just thought I'd try a nutritious lunch dish which would offer great options to vegetarians and healthy varieties instead of simply buying rice from outside.
This wrap is a recipe I created for my cousin, Jason whose birthday falls on 19th October, and he loves halloumi.
4 tortilla wraps
1/2 cup halloumi, sliced thinly
Butter for grilling
1/2 large tomato, sliced
1/2 large onion, sliced
1/2 cup lettuce, shredded
1/4 cup cucumber, sliced
1/2 capsicum, sliced
1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
Hummus (chickpea dip) and muhammara (capsicum dip) for serving
1 cup garbanzo beans (chickpeas), soaked overnight if not using canned
4 cloves garlic
1 inch ginger
3 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup sour cream
Salt to taste
2 tbsp tahini (sesame) paste
1 tbsp green chilli, chopped finely
Dash of black pepper
1. Make paste out of garlic, ginger and green chilli.
2. Boil and mash chickpeas.
3. Add ginger, garlic and green chilli paste, tahini, sour cream, little oil, salt and a little pepper before serving.
2 red capsicums
1 tsp cumin powder (jeera)
3 tbsp honey
1/4 cup almonds, pounded
1/4 cup walnuts, pounded
3 tbsp breadcrumbs
1/4 cup lemon juice
Salt and pepper
Pinch of paprika
1. Roast capsicum directly over fire. Skin off the burnt part.
2. Chop the capsicum and add in other ingredients.
3. Blend this into paste and serve with halloumi wrap.
1. Grill the halloumi with butter over a skillet. Keep aside.
2. Fill the wrap with halloumi and vegetables. Put sauces in it and serve.