Chicken cordon bleu is a popular Swiss dish and is popular in many diners around the world. It would appeal to those meat eaters who are trying to go vegetarian, and is great for kids who like fried food and melted cheese.
I decided to create this vegetarian version for my father, whose birthday falls on 17th December and wanted to have this in a vegetarian form for so long, given that he was a non-vegetarian before he met our guru, Huzur Maharaj Charan Singh Ji.
For all those who do not have the mock meat, they can once again use beancurd and mushroom seasoning.
1 cup mock roast chicken, defrosted and mashed
Salt and pepper to taste
Parmesan cheese to taste
Italian herbs for flavour
Enough white flour to bind the dough
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
1/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
Olive oil to sprinkle on cheese
4 slices vegetarian ham
Oil for frying
Breadcrumbs for crispy topping
1. Mix in chicken, flour, parmesan, pepper, salt and Italian herbs to make a good dough.
2. Separate the dough into 6-8 parts. Roll them into balls and flatten them to make patties.
3. In each patty, put in some ham and cheese. Sprinkle olive oil and close up patties. Cover up cheese and ham.
4. Heat oil to deep fry. Top patties with breadcrumbs and fry till golden brown.
5. Remove oil as much as possible and serve with green salad.